Mora Hotell’s big Christmas program with delicious traditional and local food & lots of activities
Day before the Day called Dopparedan, December 23
-Start Christmas with a visit to Tomteland/Santaworld (not included in the package) open 10:00 – 16:00.
On Christmas Eve, Tomten (swedish for Santa) is not home but paying Mora Hotel a visit.
-The large Christmas-scented coffee & cake buffet with much more than 7 kinds of homemade cookies from our bakery is served between. 14:00 – 16:30.
-Old fashioned Christmas decorations is made by both big and small in the Siljan hall. Glögg (glüwein & gingerbread are served by the fire in the pub 17:30 – 19:00
-A well-composed 3-course dinner is enjoyed between 11.00 and 17.00. 18:00 – 20:30.
– Overnight in shared double room
Christmas Eve, December 24th
– Take your time and enjoy our wonderful large breakfast buffet
-In the “Christmas cave workshop” in the Siljansalen we make marzipang pigs and more. 10:30 am – 12:00 pm.
-Lighter Christmas lunch is served 12:00 to 14:00
– Christmas-scented coffee and homemade cakes are shown 15.00-16.00 outside Siljanssalen
– 15:00 Donald Duck & friends (swedish cartoon tradition) is shown on the big screen TV in Siljanssalen. glüwein & gingerbread are served by the fire in the pub 16:30 – 18:00.
– Traditional Christmas table with all appromximately 100 delicacies can be enjoyed 17:00 – 20:00. . Then 18:30 Tomten (real Santa) comes from Tomteland (Santaworld) (he likes to hand out Christmas presents and all children get a small Christmas gift). Then there will be music, games and lring dance.
-Christmas night mass 23:00 in Mora church
– Overnight in shared double room.
Christmas Day (in Sweden boxing day), December 25th
-Julipot coffee is served in the entrance lobby for the real morning cakes 05:00 – 05:45.
-05:45 we gather outside the entrance for a joint torch train to Julotta I Mora church. A short walk across the street from the hotel! (All guests are given a torch to carry).
-From 07:15 – 10:00 our delicious breakfast buffet is shown.
– Game & winter inspired lunch is served 13:00 to 15:00
– Christmas-scented coffee and homemade cookies are shown 13:00 – 15:00.
– Listen to a moment’s reading, as in old days, in the Siljanssalen, 15:30 – 16:15.
-Glögg & gingerbread are served by the fire in the pub 17:00 – 19:00.
-A well-composed 3-course dinner is enjoyed 18:00 – 20:00.
– 6pm there will be live music during dinner.
– Overnight in shared double room.
Monday, December 26th
-Take good time for you and enjoy our lovely large breakfast buffet that you stand for a long time.
-All guests have free access to the Relax area with pool, jacuzzi, steam and dry sauna all 4 days.
-For those who are not in a hurry, take your time, no stress, we offer late check-out.
-Visit the Zorn Museum and Zorngården, Sweden’s most famous artist’s home 150 meters from the hotel (not included in the package).
– End the Christmas weekend with a long pleasant walk along Siljan’s beach, long-distance ice skating on Saxviken or a trip in the Vasalopp trail that starts at the Zorn Museum 150 meters from the house.
– Time for a return trip and welcome back.
Price per person for 4 days (3 nights) 23/12 – 26/12: Adult in shared double room from SEK 5.345. Child in adult room SEK 2,120. Single room supplement from SEK 1350.
Fr. 5345 SEK
How to arrive
Here you can see a map of the local area around the hotel, with some interesting locations marked. Don't hesitate to ask us, if you need help finding your way.